Resources for Educators
Seminar Series: Resources for Clinical Education
- 10/20/22: Applying Inclusive Teaching Principles to Provide Effective Feedback to Trainees and Students
- 4/21/22: How Do You Know Your Trainees & Students are Learning? Engagement and feedback
- 2/15/22: BMC Solomont Simulation Center Resources
Resources on the BU Charles River campus
- Shipley Center for Digital Learning and Innovation: Supports BU faculty, departments, and schools with technology-enabled educational innovation for use in the teaching and learning environment. Working closely with Educational Technology and the Center for Teaching and Learning, the Shipley Center aims to celebrate and assist in thoughtful educational experimentation through offering the following services: digital learning design, multimedia production, project management and educational technology discovery, and funding support to faculty and leadership across all three BU campuses.
- Program Learning Outcomes Assessment: Assesses whether students actually acquire, the particular knowledge, skills, habits of mind, and attitudes that the faculty intend. Proposes reforms to improve student learning.
- Professional Development & Postdoctoral Affairs Office: This office hosts a variety of professional development and networking events as well as provides helpful resources to postdocs and faculty mentors alike.
- Educational Resources Center (ERC): Offers support services to students, faculty and staff, including collaborative programming.
Resources on the BU Medical campus
- Undergraduate Medical Education office: Announces external events, programs and workshops. Also manages a robust reporting system that supports the quality improvement process of individual faculty.
- Graduate Medical Education office: Provides links to a variety of GME resources, including our training programs, GME forms and policies, and benefits for our approximately 740 residents and fellows. In addition, there is a mechanism to anonymously report any concerns related to graduate medical education at Boston Medical Center.
- Continuing Medical Education office: Offers a selection of programs, faster registration, accounts and tracking of BU›CMECNE activities and the ability to download/print certificates.
- Learning Opportunities for Educators:
- Clinician Educator Leadership Program (CELP): A pilot program to substantively support the retention, advancement, promotion, and vitality of diverse BUMG Clinician Educators to improve the education and training of BUSM students, trainees, and faculty. By providing protected time, skills, and accountability the program will improve Clinician Educators’ (CEs) ability to conduct rigorous educational program design, evaluation, and scholarly dissemination. 10% FTE clinical effort forgiveness is provided.
- MS in Health Professionals Education: Offered through Graduate Medical Sciences (GMS), in collaboration with the School of Education (SED), this program provides a wide range of practical training for health sciences educators in the principles of education and teaching applicable to their specific health sciences discipline.
- Population Health Exchange: A resource hub and continuing education experience for health from the School of Public Health. PHX embodies SPH’s commitment to offering comprehensive population health education to the world and serves as a resource for anyone looking to update their skills or deepen their understanding of the pressing public health issues of our time.
- Simulation Centers: Resources to develop and implement innovative curricula using simulation.
- BUMC IT-Educational Media: Provides audio visual, educational technology, and student lab services at the BU Medical Campus, schedules BUMC classrooms and event space; compiles remote learning resources; offers a digital media studio to create original educational content.
Selected Links for Education Scholarship (courtesy Department of Medicine)
- Methodological Resources
- Where to Publish
- Manuscript Preparation
- Inspiration and Motivation
- Alternative Scholarship and Altmetrics