Resources for Educators
Resources on the BU Charles River campus
- Digital Learning and Innovation Office: This umbrella office offers services for faculty focusing on modern teaching, learning, and technology. Includes the following:
- Digital Scholarship Services: Provides resources, best practices, and individual assistance for BU researchers
- Program Learning Outcomes Assessment: Assesses whether students actually acquire, the particular knowledge, skills, habits of mind, and attitudes that the faculty intend. Proposes reforms to improve student learning.
- Professional Development & Postdoctoral Affairs Office: This office hosts a variety of professional development and networking events as well as provides helpful resources to postdocs and faculty mentors alike.
Resources on the BU Medical campus
- Undergraduate Medical Education office: Announces external events, programs and workshops. Also manages a robust reporting system that supports the quality improvement process of individual faculty.
- Graduate Medical Education office: Provides links to a variety of GME resources, including our training programs, GME forms and policies, and benefits for our approximately 740 residents and fellows. In addition, there is a mechanism to anonymously report any concerns related to graduate medical education at Boston Medical Center.
- Continuing Medical Education office: Offers a selection of programs, faster registration, accounts and tracking of BU›CMECNE activities and the ability to download/print certificates.
- Learning Opportunities for Educators:
- MS in Health Professionals Education: Offered through Graduate Medical Sciences (GMS), in collaboration with the School of Education (SED), this program provides a wide range of practical training for health sciences educators in the principles of education and teaching applicable to their specific health sciences discipline.
- Population Health Exchange: A resource hub and continuing education experience for health from the School of Public Health. PHX embodies SPH’s commitment to offering comprehensive population health education to the world and serves as a resource for anyone looking to update their skills or deepen their understanding of the pressing public health issues of our time.
- Simulation Centers: Resources to develop and implement innovative curricula using simulation.
- BUMC IT-Educational Media: Provides audio visual, educational technology, and student lab services at the BU Medical Campus, schedules BUMC classrooms and event space; compiles remote learning resources; offers a digital media studio to create original educational content.
Selected Links for Education Scholarship (courtesy Department of Medicine)
- Methodological Resources
- Where to Publish
- Manuscript Preparation
- Inspiration and Motivation
- Alternative Scholarship and Altmetrics