BUMG Backup Child/Adult Care
Care@Work by Care.com is a service for BUMG faculty to find pre-screened, high quality caregivers for:
- Backup Child Care: In-home or In-center
- Backup Adult or Senior Care: In-home
The service provides:
- Last-minute care for work-related needs such as school snow days, sick days, school vacation, or if your normal child or adult care falls through
- Care for your child(ren), adults, and seniors
- $8/hour for in-home child, adult or senior backup care
- $15/day per child for in-center backup childcare
- 8 days/year per employee to use any combination of backup care
Two new ways to take advantage of your backup care benefit – temporarily available through June 30, 2021:
- Personal Network Backup Care. This option allows you to choose your own caregiver or child care center for backup care, book a day with your chosen family member, friend, or other caregiver and Care.com will reimburse you for a portion of the cost. Note: when you use a caregiver or center from your Personal Network you are responsible for vetting.
- Tutoring Reimbursement. You can use your Care.com Premium Membership to find a tutor or you can find a tutor on your own. Simply book the tutor and submit a receipt to get reimbursed for a portion of the cost as you would for Personal Network Backup Care. Each tutoring engagement will count as one backup care day.
For Personal Network Backup Care, including tutoring, you are eligible to be reimbursed up to $125/day less your hourly copay.
BUMG faculty also receive a complimentary membership to the Care.com website, which can be used to connect with a network of care providers to find ongoing, occasional and/or backup care providers based on detailed profiles and available reviews and ratings. Your Care.com membership includes access to resources on how to conduct your own background checks prior to booking.
To learn more:
To register, book care or for more information:
- Call 855-781-1303 or go to bumg.care.com and click “Join“
- Use your BU employee ID # and BU or BMC email for the initial sign-up