Resources for Educators
Resources on the BU Charles River campus
- Digital Learning and Innovation Office: This umbrella office offers services for faculty focusing on modern teaching, learning, and technology. Includes the following:
- Digital Scholarship Services: Provides resources, best practices, and individual assistance for BU researchers
- Program Learning Outcomes Assessment: Assesses whether students actually acquire, the particular knowledge, skills, habits of mind, and attitudes that the faculty intend. Proposes reforms to improve student learning.
- Professional Development & Postdoctoral Affairs Office: This office hosts a variety of professional development and networking events as well as provides helpful resources to postdocs and faculty mentors alike.
Resources on the BU Medical campus
- Undergraduate Medical Education office: Announces external events, programs and workshops. Also manages a robust reporting system that supports the quality improvement process of individual faculty.
- Graduate Medical Education office: Provides links to a variety of GME resources, including our training programs, GME forms and policies, and benefits for our approximately 740 residents and fellows. In addition, there is a mechanism to anonymously report any concerns related to graduate medical education at Boston Medical Center.
- Continuing Medical Education office: Offers a selection of programs, faster registration, accounts and tracking of BU›CMECNE activities and the ability to download/print certificates.
- Learning Opportunities for Educators:
- MS in Health Professionals Education: Offered through Graduate Medical Sciences (GMS), in collaboration with the School of Education (SED), this program provides a wide range of practical training for health sciences educators in the principles of education and teaching applicable to their specific health sciences discipline.
- Population Health Exchange: A resource hub and continuing education experience for health from the School of Public Health. PHX embodies SPH’s commitment to offering comprehensive population health education to the world and serves as a resource for anyone looking to update their skills or deepen their understanding of the pressing public health issues of our time.
- Simulation Centers: Resources to develop and implement innovative curricula using simulation.
- BMC Solomont Center for Medical Simulation: Supports educational, research, and quality and patient safety activities for the entire BMC community.
- BUSM Clinical Skills and Simulation Center: Provides a setting for faculty to instruct, give feedback on, and evaluate clinical skills. While designed for use by medical students, the facility is available to groups within and outside the BUMC community.
- BUMC IT-Educational Media: Provides audio visual, educational technology, and student lab services at the BU Medical Campus, schedules BUMC classrooms and event space; compiles remote learning resources; offers a digital media studio to create original educational content.