Faculty & Administration
Students in the Oral Health Sciences program take classes through the Goldman School of Dental Medicine and Graduate Medical Sciences, which is housed with BU’s Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine. Our teaching faculty in both schools are passionate about their fields, have years of research and practical experience and are truly invested in student learning.
Dr. Davies began her tenure at Boston University Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine in the Department of Biochemistry over 35 years ago and currently directs the Oral Health Sciences program. She loves working with students, whether she’s teaching, mentoring or providing thesis help. She teaches the Introduction to Biomedical Information and Evidence Based Dentistry courses as well as lectures in the DMD Biochemistry course. She is an Assistant Dean in Graduate Medical Sciences and is a great resource of information for OHS, dental school admissions and all that ongoing in GMS. You can Learn more about Dr. Davies’ research here on her BU profile.
Dr. Young joined the Department of Physiology & Biophysics at BU’s Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine in 2012, having previously completed his undergraduate (HBMSc) and graduate (PhD) training in Canada; both in Physiology & Pharmacology. Since joining BU he has been deeply involved in curriculum design and leadership, as well as the teaching of physiology, neurophysiology, and endocrinology across nearly all the healthcare professions programs on campus. In September 2022, Dr. Young enthusiastically joined the OHS Program as Assistant Director, and he greatly enjoys being deeply involved with the program and its incredible students!
Christina joined the OHS program in the Spring of 2021 as our Program Manager. Previous to her time here at BU’s Chobanian & Avedisian School of Medicine, she completed her M.A. in Communication Science and has worked previously with graduate student experiential learning & wellness development. She is responsible for managing administrative aspects of the program, advising and supporting current students with tasks related to completing their degree including dental application cycles, personal statements, degree completion, etc. and to guide prospective students through the application process. She is also here to help support students through the planning of different enrichment and academic events OHS students attend throughout the year and has implemented a wellness curriculum to support our students holistically throughout the program.
- Corinna Culler: Co-Course Director Prevention and Oral Health Promotion in Dentistry, Assistant Professor of Health Policy & Health Services Research; Director of School Based Programs
- Elizabeth R. Duffy, MA: Assistant Professor, Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Larry Dunham, DMD: Assistant Dean for Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging; Clinical Assistant Professor of General Dentistry
Clinical Assistant Professor, General Dentistry
- Raul Garcia: Co-Course Director Prevention and Oral Health Promotion in Dentistry, Chair of Health Policy & Health Services Research; Director of CREED (Center for Research to Evaluate & Eliminate Dental Disparities); Professor of Health Policy & Health Services Research
- William J. Lehman, PhD: Course Director Physiology, Professor of Physiology & Biophysics
- Brian E. Moore, MD: Course Director Pathology, Clinical Professor of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
- Stephanie M. Oberhaus, PhD: Course Director Microbiology and Immunology, Assistant Professor of Microbiology
- Barbara M. Schreiber, PhD: Course Director Biochemistry, Associate Professor of Biochemistry, Director of Biochemistry Graduate Studies, Assistant Dean, GMS Alumni Affairs