Each year, graduates of the Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine program are exceptionally well-prepared for employment in mental health counseling positions across the United States and internationally.
In 2021, graduates who responded to our survey achieved the following outcomes:
- 33 graduates in the past year; 91.4% completion rate
- 100% pass rate on credentialing exams
- 98% worked in mental health counseling positions after graduation
- 100% of those who applied were accepted into and awarded scholarships within prestigious PhD doctoral programs
Graduate Career Paths
Our graduates have gone on to secure a wide range of positions, such as:
- Trauma clinician
- Member of a multiplicity treatment team in a medical setting
- Consultant to individuals seeking to make health-related lifestyle changes
- School-based counselor for children and adolescents
- Clinician in a day treatment/partial hospital program
- Counselor for sexual offenders in a corrections prison system
- Substance abuse counselor
- Private practice clinician
- Member of a clinical research team
- Director of an eating disorders residential facility
- Clinician in a college counseling center
We work hard to remain connected to our alumni and facilitate connections and networking between current students and alumni through LinkedIn and in-person events. Alumni offer advice about licensure in other states, the licensing exam, and pursuing other educational opportunities. Many of our alumni are in supervisory and/or administrative positions and often hire our graduates.
The Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine Program is a two-year Master of Arts program designed to meet the educational requirements for licensure as a Mental Health Counselor in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts as granted by the Massachusetts Board of Allied Mental Health Professions. We work closely with students to ensure that they meet requirements for licensure in states all across the country.
CACREP Annual Report
Every year, the program publishes an annual report of student demographics and program outcomes.