Graduate Medical Sciences Student Organization
The Graduate Medical Sciences Student Organization (GMSSO) represents 900+ students from over 30 different Ph.D. and Master’s degree programs & departments within Graduate Medical Sciences. Our purpose is to bring students together from all departments and programs of the Graduate Medical Sciences to share ideas, address concerns and pursue common student issues with a combined voice.
Each program has two official voting representatives and we encourage everyone to attend monthly meetings and events. Come join your awesome student body, give your program a voice, and get involved in the local community!
Our Three Pillars this Year:
Diversity & Inclusivity
Community & Service
Health & Wellbeing
Our Key Initiatives:
- Increase community involvement and unification at BUMC.
- Provide group volunteer outreach opportunities in our neighborhood.
- Provide professional development opportunities that prepare GMS students for their future endeavors.
Our 2020-2021 Initiatives:
Our 2020-2021 Executive Board
- Raissa Zuim Dantas de Souza, President email@example.com
- Amber Paturzo, Vice President firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel Marino, Secretary email@example.com
- Julia Rosenfeld, Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anastasia Filimonov, Public Relations & Social Media email@example.com
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on FB: http://www.facebook.com/BostonUniversityGMSSO
Follow us on Instagram: @bu_gmsso
Please do not hesitate to contact us with ideas or suggestions about possible outreach initiatives, fundraisers, or community building programs in addition to any questions or concerns regarding student life at BU!
Shake It Off
Join GMSSO at the following times by visiting this Zoom link:
- Strength-Based Yoga: February 28th at 6:00pm
- Kickboxing: March 7th at 6:00pm
- Zumba: March 14th at 7:00pm
- Yoga/Pilates Fusion: March 24th at 6:00pm
- Barre: April 5th at 5:00pm
- HITT: April 19th at 6:00pm
- Stretch & Breathe: April 26th at 6:00pm
Wellbeing Project Virtual Hangouts
Join GMSSO at the following times by visiting this link:
- Navigating Work/Life Balance: March 8th at 7:00pm
- Making & Maintaining Social Connections: March 24th at 12:00pm
- Quieting Your Inner Critic: April 5th at 4:30pm
Have you met… People yet? October 28th, 7:30 pm via Zoom
GMSSO Welcome Back Yoga, September 16th, 2020, 6-7 pm via Zoom
GMSSO March Meeting: Science & Policy for Graduate Students, March 20th, 5-7 PM, L-209
GMSSO Boat Cruise: April 20th, 2019
Rooftop Farm at Boston Medical Center
Boston Healthcare for the Homeless Collaboration
Sign up to volunteer with GMSSO at BHCHP! Fill out this form to volunteer at the Boston Healthcare for the Homeless Program, where you can interact with the local community and serve food alongside your GMS classmates!
BU BEST events now open to PhD, Post-Doc & Master’s students! Check out their list of exciting and educational events and workshops here.