BUMC Fuller Gymnasium
Overview & School Contacts
All BUMC students, staff, and faculty now have access to the space from 4-9 p.m., six days a week (gym is closed on Tuesdays). The court can be used for pick-up basketball, volleyball, soccer, and other group sports.
There is no access to the weight room, cardio equipment, pool, and locker room/showers. There is a swipe card accessible closet for equipment storage (e.g., basketballs, dodgeballs). If you are staff or faculty you will need to request access from your student affairs office.
The gym is located in the basement of the Solomon Carter Fuller Mental Health Building, 85 E Newton St.
Your BU ID is required for access to the building.
- Nichole Ciccarelli, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lauren Rockoff email@example.com
- Kimberly Arena, firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Waiver to Participate
RELEASE, ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISK, AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
for use for all Boston University recreational facilities including but not limited to athletic fields, sport courts, pools and any fitness and recreation facilities of any type and use.
MUST BE COMPLETED BY ALL PARTICIPANTS
In consideration of the opportunity to participate in exercise, sport and recreation activities at any Boston University facility, including any facility that is open to BUMC faculty, staff and students
I, __________________________________________, do hereby forever release, hold harmless, agree not to sue, and forever discharge Boston University from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, judgment, damages, expenses and costs, including but not limited to claims of negligence on account of personal injury, bodily injury, property damage, death or accident of any kind sustained by me that arises out of my use of, presence in, or participation in activities conducted at a Boston University facility.
I understand, recognize, and acknowledge that certain activities conducted or taking place in any facility are potentially hazardous and may involve the risk of accident, death, illness, physical or mental injuries, and property damage. I hereby voluntarily assume any and all risks, including injury to person and property, related to my participation. I am voluntarily participating in these activities with knowledge of the dangers involved.
In signing this Release, Acknowledgment of Risk, and Waiver of Liability, I hereby acknowledge that I have read this entire document, that I understand its terms, that I have signed it knowingly and voluntarily, and that I intend it to bind me.
All users must complete the waiver prior to using Fuller Gym. Complete the Gym Waiver
- Fuller Gym is open to all BUMC students, staff and faculty from 4-9 p.m. daily except for Tuesdays.
- Users of this gym are responsible for keeping the gym area clean
- All equipment must be wiped down and put away after use in the swipe card access closet. Failure to do so may result in gym access being revoked.
- Users are not allowed to book specific events, unless it is for campus-wide events and has been approved by the respective Student Affairs offices.
- Two new refurbished pool tables now available adjacent to the gym. Cues & balls are located in the swipe access closet. Please return them to the closet after use.