Graduate Medical Sciences Student Organization
Apply today to join the 2020-2021 GMSSO Executive Board
We are currently accepting applications for the next year’s GMSSO Board. Any GMS students are welcome to apply. We will be reviewing applications to select our new President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, External Relations, and PR & Social Media Officer. Questions? Email email@example.com!
Go to: http://bit.ly/GMSSOeboard
The Graduate Medical Sciences Student Organization (GMSSO) represents 900+ students from over 30 different PhD and Master’s degree programs & departments within Graduate Medical Sciences. Our purpose is to bring students together from all departments and programs of the Graduate Medical Sciences to share ideas, address concerns and pursue common student issues with a combined voice.
Each program has two official voting representatives and we encourage everyone to attend monthly meetings and events. Come join your awesome student body, give your program a voice, and get involved in the local community!
Our Three Pillars this Year:
Diversity & Inclusivity
Community & Service
Health & Wellbeing
Our Key Initiatives:
- Increase community involvement and unification at BUMC.
- Provide group volunteer outreach opportunities in our neighborhood.
- Provide professional development opportunities that prepare GMS students for their future endeavors.
Our 2019-2020 Executive Board
- Taylor Durant, President firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristen Duncan, Vice President email@example.com
- Alexandra Himel, Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anne Buck, External Relations email@example.com
- Anastasia Savelyeva, Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeff Kuniholn, PhD Liason email@example.com
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on FB: http://www.facebook.com/BostonUniversityGMSSO
Follow us on Instagram: @bu_gmsso
Please do not hesitate to contact us with ideas or suggestions about possible outreach initiatives, fundraisers, or community building programs in addition to any questions or concerns regarding student life at BU!
GMSSO March Meeting: Science & Policy for Graduate Students, March 20th, 5-7 PM, L-209
GMSSO Boat Cruise: April 20th, 2019
Rooftop Farm at Boston Medical Center
Boston Healthcare for the Homeless Collaboration
Sign up to volunteer with GMSSO at BHCHP! Fill out this form to volunteer at the Boston Healthcare for the Homeless Program, where you can interact with the local community and serve food alongside your GMS classmates!
BU BEST events now open to PhD, Post-Doc & Master’s students! Check out their list of exciting and educational events and workshops here.