MA in Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine
We’re One of a Kind….
Just Like You!
The Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine Program is the only accredited program in the United States that is housed in a medical school. We are passionate about our caring faculty and staff as well as proud of our nationally-recognized curriculum and clinical training. As a two-year Master of Arts program accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), we prepare students for independent licensure as mental health counselors.
- Master of Arts degree awarded by Boston University School of Medicine
- Field placements in hospital settings and traditional behavioral healthcare environments
- Clinical training with a wide array of patient populations and presenting problems
- Transdisciplinary teaching and supervisory faculty with diverse clinical and research expertise
- Individualized student advising and mentoring in caring and student-focused surroundings
- Challenging curriculum with added emphases on behavioral medicine, neuroscience, and integrated care
- Collaborations with the Boston University Schools of Social Work and Education as well as the master’s programs in Genetic Counseling and Medical Sciences