MA in Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine
We’re One of a Kind….
Just Like You!
The only Clinical Mental Health Counseling program in the United States that is housed in a medical school. Boston University’s Mental Health Counseling and Behavioral Medicine Program is a two-year Master of Arts program accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP) and designed to prepare students for independent licensure as mental health counselors.
- MA awarded by Boston University School of Medicine
- Clinical and research experience in a hospital and medical school environment
- Clinical training with a wide array of patient populations and presenting problems
- Experience promoting health behavior change among diverse populations
- Challenging health curriculum with emphasis on behavioral medicine and neuroscience
- Interdisciplinary teaching and supervisory faculty with clinical and research expertise
- Preparation for independent licensure in Massachusetts and other states
- Collaboration with the School of Social Work, School of Education Genetic Counseling, Clinical Nutrition, Master in Medical Sciences Program
- Individual student mentoring in a caring and student-focused environment