BMC Employee Benefits
Graduate Medical Sciences at Boston University School of Medicine has partnered with Boston Medical Center to provide a 50% tuition discount for eligible BMC employees.
For an eligibility confirmation letter, please contact HRConnect@bmc.org of Human Resources at Boston Medical Center.
To apply, please contact Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All employees must be employed through the final exam date in order receive the discount.
Eligibility criteria: effective January 2015
- An employee must be working 30> hours per week.
- Employees cannot apply for the tuition discount until they have completed their probationary period set by BMC (90 or 120 days, depending on their position).
- If employee becomes eligible after the semester start date, the 50% reduction cannot be pro-rated. Employee would be able to apply for the discount for the next semester.
- If the employee fails to be employed through the final exam date of the GMS courses enrolled in, the discount will be rescinded and the employee will be responsible for all tuition costs incurred during the period of enrollment.
- Student/Employee must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, as dictated by the GMS Policies and Procedures, to continue receiving the tuition discount in subsequent semesters.
- The benefit of 50% tuition discount cannot be combined with any other GMS scholarship and can be only used towards GMS graduate-level coursework.
- A maximum of 4 course credits (at the graduate-level) per semester (8 GMS course credits per academic year) can be considered for the 50% discount and a maximum of 16 GMS course credits total can be discounted using this benefit.
Apply and matriculate into one of the selected master’s programs:
- Clinical Research
- Healthcare Emergency Management
- Health Professions Education (see specific information for HPE here)
- Medical Anthropology & Cross-Cultural Practice
- Pathology Laboratory Sciences
BMC employees enrolled in one of the above participating degree programs will be eligible to receive a 50 % tuition reduction on up to 4 GMS graduate-level credits per semester and a total of 16 GMS graduate-level credits total per student.
- Apply to GMS as non-degree student
- Maximum of 4 graduate-level credits per semester and a total of 16 graduate-level credits can be discounted using this benefit
- Only 8 credits are transferable into a degree program
- Permission from GMS course instructor is required prior to registration
*courses subject to availability