Program Director: Linda L. Barnes, PhD, MTS, MA
Program Assistant Director: Lance Laird, ThD, MDiv
The program draws primarily on the expertise of its core faculty (Barnes, Laird, Ready, and Ostrach), who work on a range of theoretical, ethnographic, and applied initiatives. Second, we build on strong relationships between our faculty, and program directors and faculty in the School of Public Health and in the Charles River Campus Departments of Religion, Anthropology, and Sociology. We work closely, as well, with the Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, and the Premedical Studies and Prehealth Programs at BU. We are in the process of furthering connections with the School of Management.
Each entering student is assigned a major adviser from within MACCP, who helps them design a program tailored to their intellectual, personal, and professional goals, and continues to advise them throughout their two-year program. The adviser assists the student in locating additional mentors specializing in the student’s research interests and career goals. By the end of the second semester, students are expected to select a third reader, whose expertise is directly related to the student’s research focus, and who will serve on their thesis committee.
|Linda L. Barnes, M.T.S., M.A., Ph.D|
| Lance D. Laird, M.Div, Th.D
Assistant Director of MACCP, Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, BUSM, and Division of Graduate Religious Studies, BU
For an interview with Drs. Barnes and Laird, see this GMS Spotlight on Faculty.
|Pietra Check, M.P.H.
Course Educator, Graduate Medical Sciences, BUSM
Bayla Ostrach, M.A., Ph.D (Family Medicine, B.U.S.M)
Anthony Petro, PhD (Religion Department, B.U.)
Merav Shohet, PhD (Anthropology Department, B.U.)
MACCP Advisory Board
- Linda L. Barnes, PhD, MTS, MA, Co-Chair (Professor of Department of Family Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, and Graduate Division of Religious Studies at B.U.)
- Lance D. Laird, ThD, Co-Chair (Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, Boston University School of Medicine, and and Graduate Division of Religious Studies at B.U.)
Robert Weller, PhD (Professor, Anthropology Department, B.U.)
- Fernando Ona, PhD, MPH, MSW, LCSW, FRSPH (Assistant Professor, Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Tufts University, and Clinical Social Worker, Boston Center for Refugee Health & Human Rights, Boston Medical Center)
- Lois McCloskey, DrPH (Associate Professor and Associate Chair, Community Health Sciences, B.U. School of Public Health)
- Barbara Bokhour, PhD (Department of Health Law, Policy & Management, B.U. School of Public Health, Acting Director, Center for Healthcare Organization & Implementation Research [CHOIR], U.S. Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Bedford MA, and Director, Center for Evaluating Patient-Centered Care in VA)
- Lisa Messersmith, PhD (Associate Professor, Department of Global Health, B.U. School of Public Health)
- Gemmae Maya Fix, MA, PhD (Research Assistant Professor, Department of Health Law, Policy & Management, B.U. School of Public Health; Applied Medical Anthropologist and Research Health Scientist with the Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research (CHOIR), U.S. Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Bedford MA)
- Kathleen Lynch, MS (Qualitative Methods Specialist, Patient-Reported Outcomes, Community-Engagement and Language Core, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY)
- Linda Hyman, PhD (Associate Provost, and Dean of the Division of Graduate Medical Sciences, B.U. School of Medicine)