Online Graduate Certificate Program
Clinical research is the fastest-growing discipline in the burgeoning medical device and pharmaceutical industries. Keeping pace with the ever-increasing body of knowledge and new regulatory procedures generated by advances in clinical research is critical to career success. To help researchers keep up to date, Graduate Medical Sciences at Boston University School of Medicine offers non-degree graduate certificate program in Clinical Research: the Online Graduate Certificate program.
This non-degree program was developed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the scientific fundamentals of human research. The curriculum provides an in-depth understanding of key, fundamental elements of clinical research, including:
- Clinical trial design and conduct
- Clinical research regulations
- Good clinical practices of research
- Critical evaluation of the medical, research literature
Who can benefit from this program?
Clinical and health professionals of all varieties, including:
- research nurses
- study coordinators
- managers in clinical research and site management
- professionals in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries, as well as CRO and SMO organizations
Benefits of this program:
- Earn a graduate certificate from Boston University’s School of Medicine, a leading research institution
- Apply a portion of the credits earned toward BU’s Master of Science in Clinical Research (note: The MSCR program is comprised of campus-based courses and is not available in an online format)
- Complete a valuable professional credential in just 2-4 full semesters of study while increasing your skills and knowledge in clinical research
Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research, students are expected to:
1. Demonstrate the ability to design and conduct clinical research, interpret results and answer a research question.
2. Demonstrate the ability to read and critique the clinical research literature.
Learn more about our available certificate option: