Financial Planning Resources
Financial planning is the long-term method of wisely managing your finances so that you can achieve your goals while at the same time negotiating the financial barriers that inevitably arise in every stage of life. A comprehensive financial plan covers savings and investments, planning for retirement, education, emergencies, major purchases, insurance needs, and other financial goals.
Financial Planning Services
Garrett Planning Network and Baystate Financial Services offer discounted, fee-only, 1:1 financial planning services to Boston University Medical Group employees. Click the links below for full details on these offerings.
- Garrett Planning Network: National network of financial planners. BUMG employees will receive a 10% discount off normal advisor fees.
- Baystate Financial Services: Local financial planning company with a preferred relationship with the Massachusetts Medical Society. BUMG employees will receive $1,000 off normal advisor fees.
Free Financial Planning Resources
Boston University’s online financial planning resources are available at no cost to BUMG employees.
- MaxiFi: Financial planning software to assist with decisions about important financial life events.
- Maximize My Social Security: Assists with decision-making to achieve the highest lifetime benefits.
- Income Solutions: Calculate several scenarios to determine the best income annuity and then request quotes.
- myFiTAge: Projects retirement age based on personal data taking into account financial and lifestyle goals and savings behavior.