Boston University Medical Group
Welcome to the site of the Boston University Medical Group (BUMG) at Boston Medical Center (BMC) and Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM). This is your home page for direct access to resources that help develop and manage your professional and personal career.
Please visit BMC’s COVID-19 webpage for the most up to date information and communications.
Important Links and Contact Numbers:
- Command Center: 617-414-6860 (operating 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily)
Call for any needs related to COVID-19. Please note that this is only for employees.
- Working Well Clinic: Covid19WWC@bmc.org or 617-638-8400, option 1
Staff and providers should use this email address to report symptoms of and possible exposure to COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Information on the Hub: https://internal.bmc.org/news-events/news/where-find-information-about-covid-19-coronavirus-disease
This is our intranet and requires network access. Everything posted here related to COVID-19 is also posted on the external site listed below, including clinical guidelines, screening, testing, and PPE usage.
- COVID-19 Information on BMC.org: https://www.bmc.org/covid-19-information-employees
This is hosted on the external website and is accessible when not on the network.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
EAP is available for free, 24/7 confidential counseling to all employees and their families experiencing behavioral health issues such as stress and anxiety, substance use, and adjustment disorders. During the COVID-19 outbreak, this service is now also available for BUMG employees. For more information, visit www.guidanceresources.com and use Web ID: BMC. For counseling and referrals call: 833-306-0107.
- 24/7 Real-time Psychological First Aid Support
Page 5804 or call the BMC operator (617-638-8000 and enter 0 and ask to page 5804) and an on-call licensed clinician who understands the hospital environment will call you back within 30 minutes.
- Chaplain on Demand
As members of the hospital’s interdisciplinary team, Chaplains are trained to respond to your spiritual, emotional, and religious needs. Call 617-414-4299 to speak with a member of Chaplaincy Services.
- Telehealth For BUMG Employees – Well Connection
As of March 16, telehealth is now covered under both BU Health Plans. Learn more about this service here.
- Beth Milaszewski, LICSW, Employee Assistance Clinician
Beth is available to speak to individuals and teams and provide support related to stress management, anxiety, work conflicts, and traumatic events and situations. You can reach Beth at Beth.Milaszewski@bmc.org, 617-414-4357, or by paging 8010.
In addition, our behavioral health colleagues have developed new resources and tip sheets in response to the COVID-19 situation.
- Taking Care of Your Wellbeing During COVID-19
- PULSE Check: Resiliency Strategies for You and Your Peers
- Boston Medical Center Guide for Resident Mental Health and Wellness During COVID-19
- Talking with Children During COVID
- Tips for Parents During COVID-19
- Activity Ideas for Children During Social Distancing
BUMG is a group of multi-specialty providers working together to improve the health of our community. Committed to high quality care and education, we act as a liaison between providers’ clinical, academic, and research endeavors. In synergy with Boston Medical Center and Boston University School of Medicine, we continually strive to deliver equitable, innovative, and value-based care to our patients and community.