There are two ways to complete the MS in Healthcare Emergency Management:
- Enroll in the 12-month full-time program. This program starts in September and continues through the spring and into the Summer.
- Enroll in the part-time two year track, which consists of two 12-month years of study. This program generally starts in September of Year 1 and continues through the Summer of Year 2.
Key Areas of Instruction
- Crisis and disaster management including triage procedures and practices
- Incident and unified command and control methods and practices
- Risk communication including psychological and sociological impacts of crisis
- Crisis management for community based medical care, services, and support systems
- Uses of modeling and simulation and risk planning methods and practices