The Fall 2024 application cycle has closed. The application for Fall 2025 admission will open September 1, 2024.
Begin the online application. The application deadline is December 15, 2024.
- Prior to beginning your application, please carefully review the instructions and requirements below.
- An application fee waiver for Boston University is available based on financial need through GMS (application HERE). International applicants do not qualify for a fee waiver as per university guidelines.
- Please complete the required registration for National Matching Services, Inc. at the following site: https://natmatch.com/gcadmissions/. Match fee waivers are available through the Association of Genetic Counseling Program Directors (application HERE)
- Invitations for admission interviews will be extended no later than February 1st. Virtual interviews will be held throughout March (select Mondays/Fridays) for all applicants.
- Match day rankings due to National Matching Services, Inc. prior to April 9, 2024.
- All interviewed candidates will be notified of their status on the BU Genetic Counseling Program admission through National Matching Services on the genetic counseling match day April 17, 2024.
- We anticipate to offer admission to 14 students for the incoming Class of 2026.
Warren Alpert Foundation AID-GC Scholarship Application
Instructions and Requirements
A candidate must submit the following to satisfy the application requirements for admission into the BU MS in Genetic Counseling program:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with fulfilled prerequisites
- Transcripts from every post-secondary institution attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement and short answer responses
- Resume/CV to provide a summary of your experiences
- Personal experiences relevant to genetic counseling
The application for the Boston University Genetic Counseling Program is completed online through the standard system used by Graduate Medical Sciences following the links above. You will have the opportunity to add documents (such as your unofficial transcripts, personal statements, and resume/CV), and electronically notify those you request a letter of recommendation from. As a reminder, please do not add any GRE scores to your application as the portal will ask if you plan to add any, or not. Many demographic questions in part one of the application are asked due to reporting requirements for grants for Graduate Medical Sciences as a whole. Unfortunately, our program is not able to adjust the wording or adjust response choices as grant reporting requirements on a national level are beyond our control. Due to recent changes with regards to admissions policy, the BUGCP admissions team will no longer have access to demographic information you may enter. If you have any questions or concerns as you work through the application portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
BA degree, Transcripts and Prerequisites
Letters of Recommendation