New Faculty Excellence Award
This award is given annually by the Boston University Medical Group to one early-career clinician (1-5 years in practice) who demonstrates clinical excellence and has made exceptional contributions to the clinical mission of the organization during his/her first 3 years of service. Award recipient will be designated as a member of the BUMG Clinical Excellence Society. There are no restrictions on who may submit a nomination.
- New BUMG member with 3 years of service or less
- Early-career faculty only, 1-5 years in practice
Recipients display the following characteristics in both patient care and care team interactions:
- Exceptional medical knowledge and clinical acumen
- Exemplary relationships with both patients and clinical staff
- Unwavering commitment to care for all patients at all times
Recipients have distinguished themselves during the first three years of employment through an exceptional contribution to the clinical mission in one of the following areas. Contributions to multiple areas will enhance a nominee’s chances.
- Quality or process improvement
- Patient care innovation
- Trainee teaching/mentorship
- Community service
Instructions for Nominator:
Please prepare a letter of nomination that addresses how the nominee meets the criteria for this award.