Student Life & Wellness
The Boston University Medical Campus is located in Boston’s South End, a historic neighborhood famous for its elegant Victorian brownstones and vibrant community, surrounded by shops, restaurants, nightlife and a thriving arts community. GMS students find limitless opportunities both on and off campus.
- 10/20 Midterms De-Stress Coffee Break on 10/25
- 10/18 Additional Places to Eat on the Med Campus
- 10/18 Reservable Study Rooms in the Library
- 10/12 Visit us in Student Affairs! Raffle & Freebies from 10/12-10/22
- 9/22 Two-Part Mentee Workshop for STEM First-Gen Grad Students by The Newbury Center
- 9/21 Recognizing National Hispanic Month
- 9/10 Looking for a place to study? Check out the Study Space Finder
- 9/9 MISO – Meet & Greet on 9/16
- 9/6 Student Financial Services – Walk-in Hours & Virtual Drop-in Hours Available
- 9/3 Open Work Study Positions – Apply Today
- 9/3 Newbury Center – Grand Opening Ceremony & Open House
- 6/2 Honoring Pride Month: LGBTQ+ Resources from BU and Beyond
- 6/2 Honoring Pride Month: Recommended Reads & Raffle
- 5/28 Apply for the National Hispanic Health Foundation Professional Student Scholarship
- 5/28 GMS Office space no longer available to reserve due to staff repopulating the campus
- 5/14 Well Wishes to the Class of 2021! A Message from Faculty & Staff
- 3/25 Starting 3/29 – The library will now be open from 10AM-6PM on Saturdays
- 3/18 Celebrate Women’s History Month with a free movie screening from 3/26-3/29
- 3/17 Midterms De-Stress Care Packages a Success!
- 3/12 Cozy Kits Pick Up! From 3/15-3/19
- 3/11 De-Stress Care Package Pick Up! Both 3/11 and 3/12
- 2/25 Two New Wellness Event Series for Spring Semester
- 2/25 Major Success for the Rosie’s Place Donation Drive!
- 2/22 Midterms De-Stress Care Packages – sign up for yours now!
- 2/18 BUMC Arts Days is open!
- 2/8 Celebrate International Day of Women and Girls in Science – Sponsored by Student Affairs and WPDC
- 2/5 Congratulations to the Welcome Back Raffle winners!
- 2/3 Student Wellness Committee Launches Recipe Book Vol. 2 – Home-y Meals for You and Me
- 2/2 CAG Project Aims to Improve Mask Disposal
- 2/1 Application for Officer Positions Now Open! Student Wellness Committee
- 2/1 GMSSO Shake it Off Yoga event on 2/3
- 2/1 Sign up to train as a Gatekeeper with Terrier Connect
- 1/21 Your Health Is Important To Us – wellness resources (updated Jan 2021)
- 1/21 Donation Drive for Rosie’s Place – Sponsored by GMSSO, WPDC, BPSO, & MISO
- 1/14 Congratulations to the Holiday Book Raffle winners!
- 1/13 Welcome Back Raffle! Win a gift card to the BU Bookstore
- 1/12 BUMC students submit petition regarding reduction of parking rates on campus
- 1/7 BUMC Virtual Hangouts – Apply to be a facilitator – deadline 1/8
- 1/5 GMS office reservations suspended until further notice due to increased COVID infection rate
- 12/23 Check Out Wellnest – a Free, Guided Journaling App for BU Students
- 12/23 Become a Facilitator for BUMC Virtual Hangouts
- 12/17 Where to See Holiday Lights Around Boston
- 12/14 Our Community Cupboard will re-open on 1/10
- 12/17 Cradles to Crayons Donation Drive Success!
- 12/17 Student Wellness Committee launches Recipe Book Special Edition – Winter Holidays
- 12/16 Holiday Raffle! Enter to Win from our List of “Recommended Reads During Intersession”
- 12/14 GMS offices will re-open for student reservations on 1/4
- 12/11 BUMC Self-Care Market: A Smash Hit On Campus!
- 12/8 GMS offices will be closed to student reservations starting 12/14
- 12/8 Our Community Cupboard will be closed starting 12/14
- 12/7 BUMC Self-Care Market on Wednesday, 12/9
- 11/24 Student Wellness Committee launches Recipe Book Special Edition – Thanksgiving
- 11/23 Student Wellness Committee launches Recipe Book Vol. 1
- 11/9 #MakeADifference Donation Drive
- 11/5 Your Health Is Important To Us
- 11/3 Coping with Socio-Political Stress
- 11/2 First Generation College Celebration Day – Video Contest
- 10/26 Extended Hours! Reserve Study Space in the GMS Suite
- 10/23 Get in the Autumn Spirit! Paint Your Own Pumpkin Event
- 10/22 Why Pronouns Matter – Honoring International Pronouns Day
- 10/15 Flu Vaccine Requirement
- 10/14 Online Ordering Available from Our Community Cupboard
- 10/6 Reserve Study Space in the GMS Suite
- General inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Associate Director of Graduate Affairs: Kimberly Arena (email@example.com)
COVID-19 Information & Resources
Learn more about the available resources.
Local Area to BUMC
The gym is currently closed due to COVID.
Resources for Student Organization Leaders
Allocation & Budget Resources
Calendar of Deadlines
- Biomedical PhD Student Organization (BPSO)
The Biomedical PhD Student Organization (BPSO) aims to build and strengthen the community among PhD programs at BUMC and to cultivate camaraderie among Biomedical Science PhD students.
- BU Biotech Consulting Club (BBCC) The BU Biotech Consulting Club is for advance degree students at Boston University to work on case studies in life sciences and biotech, and provide career development toward the consulting industry.
- Graduate Medical Sciences Student Organization (GMSSO)
The Graduate Medical Sciences Student Organization (GMSSO) organizes volunteer and social events in addition to advocating for the student population.
- Minority and International Scientists Organization (MISO)
The Minority and International Scientists Organization provides a supportive and enriched environment to the diverse population of Boston University scientists via various social and academic events.
- Science and Technology in Public Policy (STEPUP)
The Science and Technology in Public Policy group at Boston University is committed to fostering a community of scientists engaged in public policy.
- Student Advisory Board
The GMS Student Advisory Board meets a few times per semester to discuss pressing issues with the GMS Staff that impact all graduate student life at BUMC.
- Women’s Professional Development Committee (WPDC)
The Women’s Professional Development Committee provides a supportive space to host professional development opportunities for graduate-level women in science at Boston University through establishing and cultivating a network of exemplary mentorship with women in a diversity of scientific careers.
- Other resources:
Groups at Charles River Campus
- Graduate Student Organization (GSO)
- Graduate Women in Science and Engineering (GWISE)
- Underrepresented Graduate Student Organization (UGSO)
Interested in starting a new group?
Submit the New Student Organization Application to GMS Student Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Student Updates & Wellness Resources
Our Community Cupboard
Place on online order here.
Overview of Student Life at GMS
- Best Buddies Massachusetts
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital Volunteer Opportunities
- Boston Cares
- Boston Center Refugee Health and Human Rights
- Boston Healthcare for the Homeless Program
- Boston Medical Center
- Boston Medical Center Reach out and Read
- BU Community Service Center
- Community Service
- Doing Good Together
- Great Boston Food Bank
- Haley House
- Pine Street Inn
- Our Community Cupboard
- Rosie’s place
- St. Francis House
- Unite for Sight
- Women’s Lunch Place
For more outreach opportunities see here