GMS Disability & Access Services
Boston University takes great pride in the academic and personal achievements of its many students and alumni with disabilities. The University is committed to providing equal and integrated access for individuals with disabilities to all the academic, social, cultural, and recreational programs it offers.
Dr. Theresa Davies, Assistant Dean for Graduate Affairs, serves as the liaison between GMS and Disability Services. Please contact her (firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-358-9546) with any disability services questions.
The goal of the Disability & Access Services is to provide services and support to ensure that students are able to access and participate in the opportunities available at Boston University. In keeping with this objective, students are encouraged to utilize the resources of Disability Services to the degree they determine necessary.
How to Obtain Disability Services
The Disability & Access Services office (ODS) is located on the Charles River Campus. Please complete the following to gain service.
- Contact the Assistant Dean for Graduate Affairs in GMS (Dr. Theresa A. Davies who can be reached at email@example.com, 617-358-9546) and make a request to start the disability services process
- Complete the BU ODS Intake Form
- Make an appointment with one of the ODS Staff Members on the Charles River Campus by calling 617-353-3658 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide documentation to Dr. Wolf, Director of Disability Services, at the meeting or fax (617-353-9646) or email (email@example.com) documents in advance.
- Following approval by the ODS and the Provost of the Medical Campus, Dean of School of Medicine (Dr. Karen Antman) the student is notified of accommodations by GMS.
- Student completes the GMS-Accommodation-Release-Form_2019-20 or GMS-Accommodation-Release-Form( pdf) or writable PDF
- GMS notifies Course Directors.