||BUMC IT provides centralized technology support (software, hardware, and account services) to most members of the Medical Campus community, including the School of Medicine, the School of Public Health and Administrative units, via phone, e-mail, and our walk-in location.
||Faculty, Staff, Researchers, Departments
||The BUMC IT Service Desk is a centralized resource located on the Medical Campus, offering phone, e-mail and in-person support to meet the technology support needs of the BUMC community. BUMC IT will make sure your system is safe, secure, and up-to-date.
- Centralized technology support
- Help selecting and purchasing new equipment; System migrations from older operating systems
- Assistance with the BU network and services, including support for network printers
- Software support for a variety of Mac and Windows operating systems and applications
- Manufacturer authorized warranty repair services for approved computers
- E-waste recycling and consultation
- Assistance with your BU login name and Kerberos password
- Presence at BUMC or membership in a BUMC group
- BU-owned computer/device or computer/device used for BU business
- Computer support subscription or hourly payments
||The Service Desk provides assistance at no charge for any computer supported by the computer support subscription service. Computers that are not supported are entitled to a free 15-minute consultation. Any additional assistance for non-supported computers will be billed to the department at an hourly rate. Some services require additional charges. See individual service pages for details.
||Hours: 8:30-5:00 Monday-Friday, except University holidays