Home » Support & Infrastructure » Network Printers
||Network printers owned by departments at BUSM, SPH, GMS and BUMC Administration are eligible to be configured on the network for shared printing. Additionally, network-enabled copiers can be configured to scan to email and to the Y drive.
The BU Office of Sustainability and BUMC IT recommend network printers instead of personal printers to promote conservation of energy, paper and money.
||Faculty, Staff, Researchers, Students, Departments
- One-click configuration for PCs
- Defaults such as two-sided printing or monochrome-only can be set by departments
- Printers are assigned permanent network adresses to promote stability
- Configuration of advanced copier features
- Print jobs can be submitted from any computer on the BU campus network or connected through the VPN.
- Optionally, we can restrict access to your printers based on AD ACLs (Access Control Lists in Active Directory).
- Individuals can view their current page allocation, manage their print jobs, and view their printing history.
- We provide technical support for individuals trying to print.
- Initial print allocations are applied automatically each semester.
- We monitor print queues to detect and correct problems.
- We will provide you with basic instruction and guidance in best practices for running your printers.
- We can provide print activity reports.
- We provide a website displaying queue information.
- A business class printer with a wired network port is required for use on our network. High technological requirements and security restrictions on BUMC’s wireless network make configuration of wireless printers impossible. (View our printer recommendations)
- Your department is responsible for day to day operation. Someone in your department must be responsible for:
- ensuring the printer is on and functional
- replenishing paper and toner in the printer
- ensuring the printer is serviced regularly (typically, BUMC printers are serviced by Terminal)