Home » Communication & Collaboration » E-mail
||All current students, faculty, staff, and BUMC retirees are eligible for email accounts on either BU Google Apps or BU’s Microsoft Exchange server, as determined by your affiliation.
||Students, Faculty, Staff, Departments, New/Incoming Students
- Flexibility – access your email through a web browser, mobile device, or desktop client.
- Convenience – BU accounts offer built-in access to the University email directory, the ability to set an automated “vacation” response and the option to forward your messages to another email account.
- Security and support – BU accounts receive automatic spam filtering, deleted message recovery, and comprehensive online support.
- Terrier pride – your bu.edu address proudly declares your affiliation with BU.
- Web-based access to email
- Access to email through desktop clients and mobile devices
- Forwarding to other email accounts
- Mailing lists (including centrally maintained course lists for faculty)
- Comprehensive support services
- Email for BU alumni
||To access BU email services, an email account on a BU server is required (see Email Accounts).
- Outlook Web Access (OWA)– Web-based access to your email through
- Microsoft Outlook– Microsoft Outlook can be installed on your computer and configured to retrieve and synchronize your email with the Microsoft Outlook/Exchange server.
- Other desktop clients– configuration instructions for desktop clients other than Microsoft Outlook
- Mobile Devices– Your Outlook/Exchange account can sync with a variety of mobile devices, including (but not limited to) Android, iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch), and BlackBerry devices
Please note: Boston University will never ask for your login and password information via email. If you receive an email that appears to be from BU requesting your user name and password, DO NOT RESPOND. If you have any questions about the legitimacy of an email, please contact the Service Desk or forward the message to firstname.lastname@example.org for verification.