MS in Healthcare Emergency Management
Ranked at #4 among colleges offering online Masters programs in Emergency Management by BestColleges.com and cited as having the “Best Virtual Campus” by OnlineMasters.com, Boston University’s MS in Healthcare Emergency Management prepares individuals to work across the spectrum of emergency and crisis management, with an emphasis on events related to the fields of biomedical sciences and healthcare.
This innovative emergency management program provides students with a comprehensive background for facing the challenges of a career in emergency/disaster preparedness by emphasizing hands-on training in exercise development and incident command in its focus on risk, crisis, and emergencies that may occur in healthcare environments.
This master’s degree in healthcare emergency management program consists of a 36-credit course of study. This program may be completed in as few as 12 months on a full-time basis. Students may also elect to complete the program part-time.
The program can be completed in-person or online through our virtual classroom, based on Adobe® Connect™ web conferencing. This real-time distance learning environment provides students with the flexibility to attend graduate school without relocating, allowing them to maintain their jobs, homes and living situations while completing the degree.
- Flexible one or two year program schedule with full-time and part-time tracks
- Blended learning environment allows students to attend class at our Boston campus or from almost anywhere through our virtual classroom
- Classes taught by recognized experts in the fields of emergency management, homeland security, disaster relief, incident command and exercise design
- Active participation in a variety of real-world exercises
- Internships and practica provide students with valuable emergency management experience critical to future employment opportunities
- Access to paid internships (up to $15,000)
- Ranked #4 by BestColleges.com among colleges and universities offering online Masters programs in Emergency Management
- Listed among OnlineMasters.com‘s top programs offering graduate degrees in Emergency Management for best virtual classroom experience
For questions or comments regarding admissions:
Healthcare Emergency Management Program
Boston University School of Medicine
650 Albany Street, X-140
Boston, MA 02118
Get directions to the program offices.
617-358-0176 (12pm to 5pm)
BUSM’s HEM program named among the top programs for Emergency Management in two surveys
The BUSM Masters Program in Healthcare Emergency Management has been named as a top program in the US based on curriculum quality, program flexibility, affordability and graduate outcomes by OnlineMasters.com. The HEM Program has been recognized as having the best virtual campus of any program offered. The Healthcare Emergency Management Program was also ranked at #4 by BestColleges.com among Masters level online programs in Emergency Management.
Both surveys analyzed each online degree program using similar methodologies, incorporating the most recent data from the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), as well as statistical data from the National Center for Education Statistics. Only programs from accredited nonprofit institutions were eligible for participation in these surveys.
Hurricane Season – the Atlantic Hurricane Season starts on June 1st. Are you prepared for storms and other seasonal hazards? Visit Ready.gov’s Hurricane Preparedness website for information on personal and community preparedness, as well as links to a variety of resources. The American Red Cross hurricane preparedness pages also have tips for hurricane preparations.