Residency Application Process
The Boston Medical Center Residency Program in Obstetrics and Gynecology participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Please be advised that we only accept applications through the Electronic Residency Applications Service (ERAS).
Applicants must submit a complete ERAS application comprised of the following:
- Three letters of recommendation, one of which must come from a faculty member in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. A chairman’s letter is not required, but is encouraged.
- USMLE Transcript – Step 1 and Step 2 CS and CK results are required to be considered for interview and are also required to become a licensed trainee in the state of Massachusetts. COMLEX scores are not accepted for residency application.
- Official Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE) letter
- ECFMG certificate (for foreign medical graduates)
International Medical Graduates
- All graduates of international medical schools must apply through the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Must have had a minimum of one (1) year of “hands on” clinical experience in the U.S. (observerships or research rotations do not meet this requirement)
- No greater than three (3) years since the time of graduation from medical school
- Boston Medical Center sponsors only the J-1 Visa.
We currently use Thalamus to manage our interview days. If you are selected to interview, you will receive an electronic message giving you the option to choose an interview date from the choices below. Please note that there are limited spaces on each interview day and we work hard to place selected applicants as comfortably as we can. Please be sure to check your Spam folder if you have been selected, but did not receive an invitation.
Interview dates for 2022-2023:
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022
- Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- Wednesday, December 14, 2022
- Wednesday, January 11, 2023
The application submission deadline is Monday, September 26, 2022 at 8:00 am EST.
For any additional questions or more information, please contact:
Residency Program Manager
Boston Medical Center
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
85 East Concord Street, 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02118