We provide comprehensive obstetric care at Boston Medical Center and at our affiliated Community Health Centers. Prenatal care is provided by a variety of fully trained practitioners including ob/gyn physicians, family medicine specialists and certified nurse midwives. Dedicated anesthesiologists are present full time on our labor and delivery service. Every woman delivering a baby at Boston Medical Center is eligible for labor support from our Birth Sisters doula program.
We Have Specialized Expertise in the Following Areas:
- Complications to mother’s health including mothers over 35 years of age, diabetes, hypertension, cardiac disease, HIV, lupus or Sickle Cell Disease; and
- History of pregnancy or child birth complicated by recurrent miscarriage, stillbirth, preterm delivery or fetal growth abnormality.
- Pregnancy complicated by cervical insufficiency, preterm labor, fetal abnormalities or multiple gestation.
Obstetric Services and Programs:
- Antenatal Testing Unit
- Birth Sisters
- Centering Pregnancy
- Childbirth Education
- Diagnostic Genetic Services
- High-Risk: Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Labor & Delivery
- Maternal Fetal Medicine
- Positive Hope Program
- Project RESPECT
BMC: Behind the Scenes of Women and Infant’s Center Move Day