Research, Thesis, Capstone and Dissertation Information
Boston University Libraries are pleased to announce that processing fees for submitting theses and dissertations to Mugar Memorial Library may now be paid online using a variety of credit card options. The payment link is available on the Research Guide for Writers of Theses & Dissertations. The submission process is now completely online. When graduate students submit a thesis or dissertation to the Library via the online ETD Administrator, they are now able to complete the process with an online payment. If you have any questions about this service you can contact Brendan McDermott, Thesis/Dissertation Coordinator at email@example.com or (617) 353-9387.
General Research, Thesis & Dissertation Information
- Mugar Library Webpage for Thesis and Dissertations
- GMS Faculty List
- IRB 101 for BUMC Graduate Students IRB Submission with Mary-Tara Roth, Director, Clinical Research Resources Office (CRRO). View Video Recording or Slides.
- Video Tutorials for Thesis & Dissertation Electronic Submission
- Dissertation and Thesis Formatting Tips -2016
- Sample Letter Requesting Circulation Restriction for Thesis or Dissertation : Most students do not request delayed circulation however if desired (due to special circumstances such as a pending patent), you will need to submit a letter requesting Circulation Restriction – embargo options are one year or two years. Letter must be signed by student and primary reader – add an additional line for GMS Provost signature and submit to the GMS Registrar with the final thesis/dissertation paperwork by the deadline. Signature from the GMS Provost will be obtained by the GMS Registrar.
Masters Thesis & Capstone Information
- MA MS – September 2018 Completion of Degree memo
- GMS_MA-MS thesis Template (updated Jan/2014) PLEASE NOTE: The Research Guide For Writers Of Theses (#1 above) indicates that a Master’s thesis abstract should be no more than 250 words. GMS Abstracts can be up to 750 words (approximately 2 pages).
- MS in Medical Sciences General Thesis Information
- Oral Health Sciences Capstone Information
BU Open Access Information and ProQuest
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses
- Theses and Dissertations electronically submitted in 2014 are now searchable via Proquest
ACCESS TO PLAGIARISM CHECK FOR GMS STUDENTS
Turnitin is an online plagiarism checking tool that compares your work with existing online publications.
To gain access:
- Request access to the Plagiarism-Check Blackboard site
- Access to this site will be continuous throughout your time in GMS
How it works:
- Upload your papers to Blackboard Learn to check for similarity index
- Submit multiple versions of papers, take home assignments, theses or dissertations and rewrite text as needed