Category: financial aid
Assistance in accessing your 1098-T form for your 2011 taxes can be found here.
Boston University has contracted with Vangent, Inc., to provide both the electronic and paper 1098-T forms. If you do not retrieve your 1098-T electronically, one will be mailed to you.
- Paper 1098-T forms will not be mailed until near January 31st and may not reach you until sometime after that date.
- You do not need to wait to view your 1098-T online if you follow the instructions below to consent to receiving the 1098-T electronically in lieu of a mailed form.
- Please note that you can login to the Vangent website and view your 1098-T after January 31st, even if you receive a paper copy.
To retrieve your 1098-T electronically:
- Launch a web browser and go to tra.vangent.com (note: Internet Explorer 9 users may need to use “Compatibility View”)
- Students new to the Vangent website:
- Click the “First Time Students” Button
- Enter your full First and Last names and the last 5 digits of your Social Security Number.
- Click Submit.
If records are present for you, you will be instructed to create an account. Follow the instructions on the website to create a free account and retrieve your 1098-T. If records are not found for you or if you have difficulty creating an account, use the “Help” link in the left menu.
Students who have already created an account on the Vangent website should login with their User ID and Password. If you have forgotten your User ID or Password please click on the “Forgot your Password” or “Forgot your User ID” link to retrieve or reset the information.
Remember, by acknowledging that you are receiving the 1098-T electronically, a hard copy form will NOT be mailed to you. However, you can go to the website as often as needed to retrieve a copy.