Residency Application Process
The Boston Medical Center Residency Program in Psychiatry participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All applications must be processed through the Electronic Resident Application Service (ERAS). We will be reviewing applications until November 15. Virtual interviews will be held November through January.
The following material is required for your application to be considered complete:
- ERAS application
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one must be from a psychiatry attending)
- Dean’s letter
- USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK results are required to be considered for interview (Due to COVID, we understand that there will be some delay in the Step 2 CK scores being available, but they must be in by January for applicants to be considered for ranking). For DO applicants, COMLEX Part I and II will be accepted in lieu of USMLE Step Scores.
- Official Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- ECFMG certificate (for international medical graduates)
- All graduates of international medical schools must apply through the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- No greater than three (3) years without any clinical experiences
- Boston Medical Center sponsors only the J-1 Visa.
For any additional questions or more information, please contact our program coordinators at:
Boston University/Boston Medical Center Psychiatry Residency Program
720 Harrison Avenue, 9th Floor
Boston, MA 02118