Residency Application Process
The Boston Medical Center Residency Program in Psychiatry participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All applications must be processed through the Electronic Resident Application Service (ERAS). We will be reviewing applications until November 15. Interviews will be held on Thursdays and Saturdays November through January.
The following material is required for your application to be considered complete:
- ERAS application
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one must be from a psychiatry attending)
- Dean’s letter
- USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK results are required to be considered for interview (Step 2 CS is also required to become a licensed trainee in the state of Massachusetts and must be available by the end of January). For DO applicants, COMLEX Part I and II will be accepted in lieu of USMLE Step Scores.
- Official Medical School Transcript
- Personal Statement
- ECFMG certificate (for international medical graduates)
Additional requirements for International Medical Graduates:
- All graduates of international medical schools must apply through the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- No greater than three (3) years since the time of graduation from medical school
- Boston Medical Center sponsors only the J-1 Visa.
For any additional questions or more information, please contact:
|Shauna Gaughan, M.Ed
Residency Program Coordinator
Addiction and Community Psychiatry Fellowship Coordinator
Boston Medical Center