Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowship
Department of Psychiatry Psychology Fellowship Program
Boston Medical Center is the largest safety net hospital in New England and the primary teaching hospital for the Boston University School of Medicine. The Department of Psychiatry is made up of a diverse group of psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, and trainees. The psychology postdoctoral fellowship program offers opportunities to gain specialized training in culturally responsive, evidence-based treatments for patients living with psychosis, trauma and related disorders, chronic medical conditions, and substance use disorders. Fellows can develop competencies in trauma-focused treatments, immigrant and refugee mental health, integrated behavioral health, behavioral medicine, and trauma informed care. In addition to specialized training, we also offer training in general core competencies of professional psychology and support towards applying for professional licensure. Applicants are welcome to apply to one or multiple fellowship openings across the program.
The postdoctoral fellowships currently offered for 2022-2023:
- Trauma in Context Fellowship
- Integrated Behavioral Health Fellowship
- Psychosis Treatment and Recovery Fellowship
Successful applicants will have:
- earned a doctorate in psychology (including defense of dissertation prior to the start of fellowship) from an appropriate health service provider training program in a properly accredited doctoral training program
- completed an internship accredited by the American Psychological Association/Canadian Psychological Association prior to the beginning of fellowship
Application Due Date: Wednesday, January 5, 2022
Interviews: January 18, 2022 – February 18, 2022
(In light of restrictions related to COVID-19, all interviews will be conducted virtually/remotely)
Postdoctoral Fellowship Offers: On or before February 22, 2022
While we do not adhere to the Uniform Notification Date of February 22, 2022, we appreciate that many applicants will be considering programs that do follow the APPIC timeline. We will guarantee that all initial offers will be made on or prior to February 22, 2022.