The Wei lab explores the renal mechanisms of blood pressure regulation. The lab uses an interdisciplinary approach that integrates computational biology, cell and molecular biology, as well as renal and cardiovascular physiology to investigate the roles of Juxtaglomerular Apparatus (JGA) in the control of renal hemodynamics and systemic blood pressure. The overarching aim of this lab is to identify novel therapeutic targets and innovative treatment strategies for hypertension.
Five selected publications:
- Wei J et al. Macula Densa NOS1β Modulates Renal Hemodynamics and Blood Pressure during Pregnancy: Role in Gestational Hypertension. J Am Soc Nephrol, 2021. PMID: 34127535.
- Wei J et al. Aging Impairs Renal Autoregulation in Mice. Hypertension, 2020. PMID: 31838907.
- Wei J et al. High-Protein Diet-Induced Glomerular Hyperfiltration Is Dependent on Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase β in the Macula Densa via Tubuloglomerular Feedback Response. Hypertension, 2019. PMID: 31422689.
- Wei J et al. A Mouse Model of Renal Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury Solely Induced by Cold Ischemia. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol, 2019. PMID: 31291121.
- Wei J et al. New Mouse Model of Chronic Kidney Disease Transitioned from Ischemic Acute Kidney Injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol, 2019. PMID: 31116604