MS in Medical Sciences Admissions
The MS in Medical Sciences (MAMS) program, which begins each academic year in September, accepts applications on a rolling basis until the class reaches capacity. However, we strongly encourage interested applicants to apply before June 1. For those accepted, a $500 non-refundable deposit is required to hold a seat in the incoming class.
Please note: We do not admit students for a January start date; all students begin in the fall semester. Decision notifications are sent out beginning in February and continue as applications are received through August.
MAMS Application Process
Applications must be submitted online. Please be sure to submit your application, along with the fee, prior to having your supplemental documents sent to our office.
To apply for this program, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Graduated from a 4 year US or Canadian college/university.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.*
- 2 semesters each of the following premedical coursework (each with lab):
- General Chemistry
- General Biology
- Organic Chemistry
- Please note that one semester of Organic Chemistry can be replaced with Biochemistry
- It is strongly suggested that additional upper level Biology, as well as introductory Sociology and Psychology courses, be taken prior to the start of the program.
- Standardized test scores are preferred but applicants without a test score will be considered.**
- MCAT score (50th percentile or higher) OR
- GRE scores (70th percentile or higher); Institution code: 3087
- 3 letters of recommendation, at least 1 from a science faculty member. Applicants who have previously applied to medical school may use the same documents to apply to this program.
- Personal statement
- Resume or CV highlighting your work and/or research experiences
*Exceptions to the GPA requirement are considered on a case-by-case basis.
**We understand that due to the coronavirus outbreak, your GRE or MCAT dates may have been affected. Please note that we do not require a test score. The Admissions Committee reviews your application holistically, and you are welcome to submit any additional information that would be helpful.
Learn more about application requirements for programs in the Division of Graduate Medical Sciences.
For additional information, please contact us at email@example.com.