Symptomatic Student Testing Available for BUMC Students
Plan for Symptomatic Student Testing for All BUMC Students (MD, GMS, Dental, SPH)
Effective immediately, Boston Medical Center is providing on-campus testing thru its Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) Clinic for BU Medical Campus students who have symptoms and are advised by BU Healthway, BU’s SHS portal to its COVID-19 community health services, to get COVID testing.
Where: Influenza Like Illness (ILI) Clinic, Crosstown Building, First FloorWhen: 8:30 a.m.-Noon Mondays-Fridays (hours may be extended during flu season)
Process: A student experiencing symptoms and either contacts BU Healthway or has a positive symptom screen and is contacted by BU Healthway and advised to seek testing should:
- Go to the ILI Clinic, which sees walk-ins only; no appointments or referrals needed. Please do not call the ILI Clinic.
- Provide their insurance information. Health insurance will be billed.
- Results will be available only to the student via MyChart, usually within 6-12 hours. The student also will receive a phone call from the ILI Clinic with results within two days. (Note: Students are encouraged to sign up for MyChart in order to receive their results more quickly.)
- It is the student’s responsibility to inform BU Healthway of their test result.
- Recommendations for quarantine, return to class/clinical rotations will come from BU Healthway, not the ILI Clinic providers, as policies differ. It is the student’s responsibility to follow the BU Healthway guidance and instructions.