5/8/20 NIH Career Symposium from 12pm-5pm all welcome to join
This Friday, May 8, is the 13th Annual NIH Career Symposium – an entirely virtual event. The event allows you to learn about the highlights (and low-points) of different careers, how to make yourself a competitive candidate, and how to navigate your transition into a job. Sessions will be both live and recorded, presenting panels and interviews, and everything will be archived. You can return to the content anytime to explore a new career or refresh your memory on a topic.
We invite any biomedical trainee to join us, regardless if you are part of the NIH intramural program or not. So please invite your friends who would benefit.
READ Carefully: Each of the live panels (listed below) need separate registrations. Click any (or all) of the session that interest you to register.
Additionally, if you want to be on the list to receive announcements about the event, register here
LIVE on May 8 (Times in Eastern Time Zone)Speakers and more information are posted here: https://www.training.nih.gov/2020_virtual_nih_career_symposium (note: I will post Speaker Bios and the Program at this link on Wednesday)
- Opening Welcome from the OITE & “Hello” from Dr. Francis Collins, Director of the NIH
- Panel 1 (Life as a Faculty Member)
- Panel 2 (Careers in Industry R&D)
- Panel 3 (Careers in Science Administration)
- Panel 4 (Careers in Industry non-bench)
Panels & 1:1 interviews Available on the OITE YouTube Page (will be posted on May 8)
- Transitioning to a faculty job
- Government Jobs
- Industry: Making the transition
- Business, Technology Transfer and Patent Careers
- Science Policy
- Careers in Science Communication
- Science Education and Outreach Careers
- Teaching Intensive Faculty Careers
- Non-Faculty Research Intensive Careers
- Careers in Public Health
- (note the careers for clinicians panel has been moved to late summer after consultation with ClinFelComm, more info on that in late-June)