GMS Disability & Access Services
Boston University takes great pride in the academic and personal achievements of its many students and alumni with disabilities. The University is committed to providing equal and integrated access for individuals with disabilities to all the academic, social, cultural, and recreational programs it offers.
Disability and Access Services in GMS
Dr. Theresa Davies, Assistant Dean, serves as the liaison between GMS and Disability & Access Services (DAS) located on the Charles River Campus. The goal of DAS is to provide services and support to ensure that students are able to access and participate in the opportunities available at Boston University. In keeping with this objective, students are encouraged to utilize the resources of Disability & Access Services to the degree they determine necessary.
Please contact Dr. Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-358-9546) with any disability services questions.
How to Obtain Disability Services
The Disability & Access Services office (DAS) is located on the Charles River Campus. Please complete the following to gain service.
NOTE: This process is confidential. At no time will any student health / disability information be shared with GMS, Dr. Davies, program director, or faculty.
- Contact the Assistant Dean, Dr. Theresa A. Davies, who can be reached at email@example.com, 617-358-9546 and make a request to start the disability services process
- Complete the BU DAS Intake Form.
- Provide documentation to Dr. Wolf, Director of Disability Services by uploading (with the intake form) or emailing it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance. Make sure you download the appropriate verification form if needed and have your healthcare provider complete the form.
- Make an appointment with one of the DAS Staff Members on the Charles River Campus by calling 617-353-3658
- Following approval by the DAS and the Provost of the Medical Campus, Dean of School of Medicine (Dr. Karen Antman) the student is notified of accommodations by Dr. Davies in GMS.
- Dr. Davies then notifies the student, who will need to complete the GMS-Accommodation-Release-Form_2020-21 (ARF)
- Upon receipt of the GMS ARF, Dr. Davies notifies Course Directors of the accommodations.