The Division of Graduate Medical Sciences is proud to celebrate the achievements of our doctoral and masters students. Congratulations and best wishes to our graduates!
2:00pm on Thursday, May 12
925 Commonwealth Ave
10:00am on Friday, May 13
Metcalf Hall in George Sherman Union
775 Commonwealth Ave
Graduates will receive emails with information about regalia and day-of instructions.
Attendees can access information about parking, a schedule of events, and more by clicking the links above or visiting the All University Commencement site.
The Alliance for the Arts in Research Universities, of which BU is a member, has issued an RFP of the 2016 National Conference, ArtsRx: Creative Venture, Wellbeing and the New Humanities, to be held at the University of Colorado Denver from November 3-5, 2016. The RFP deadline is May 20th. Information and submission forms for the National Conference can be found here.
U.S. News & World Report deems MED the 29th best medical school in the nation for research, up one step from last year and the school’s highest grade ever in that category. MED ranked 40th for primary care education, up from 2015’s 52nd. US News says 116 medical schools submitted data for the rankings. Congratulations to the outstanding students, faculty, and staff who continue to contribute the Boston University School of Medicine’s success.
Congratulations to eight members of the Medical Campus community who were awarded full professorships. Please learn more about the outstanding accomplishments of Dr. Rutao Cui, Dr. Paul Duprex, Dr. Noyan Gokce, Dr. Haiyan Gong, Dr. Marc Lenburg, Pushkar Mehra, D.M.D., Dr. Pieter Noordzij and Lauren Wise, Sc.D. here.
A note from the Registrar:
Greetings GMS Students,
Summer 2016 registration open
Our website contains all the pertinent information, links and forms to successfully complete the registration process: click here to access it.
- BT courses or undergraduate courses are not graduate level courses and will not count towards a graduate degree, nor will the student be eligible to request federal aid to cover undergrad courses.
- Students must register online via the student link after meeting with their advisor. Not all students are required to register for the summer terms.
- PhD Students who are engaged during the summer in full-time research and continuing in the fall 2016 semester should submit the PhD Summer Research Status Form only.
- Only students in the Biomedical Forensics Science will be required to obtain an Academic Advising Access Code prior to registering.
- Students completing their degree in one year must register for Summer 1 and Summer 2 and submit a diploma application for the September 2016 graduation.
- Continuing students completing degree requirements during summer 2016, must register for Summer 2 and submit a diploma application for the September 2016 graduation.
- Diploma applications for the September 2016 graduation are due June 1, 2016. Please check the calendar links regularly for all upcoming deadlines.
- Research credits should be in increments of 2.
- Not all students are required to register for Summer 1, check with your advisor or contact the GMS Registrar Ms. Millie Agosto (email@example.com) – L 309 with registration questions
Congratulations GMS Class of 2015!
Dr. Linda Hyman, Associate Provost of GMS opened the commencement, “Today is a day of traditions: the organ, the processional, the gathering of your mentors, friends and family. Today is a very special day. The traditions of today are important. They help us connect the dots, punctuating milestones in our lives.” Read more.