Category: General News
The Alliance for the Arts in Research Universities, of which BU is a member, has issued an RFP of the 2016 National Conference, ArtsRx: Creative Venture, Wellbeing and the New Humanities, to be held at the University of Colorado Denver from November 3-5, 2016. The RFP deadline is May 20th. Information and submission forms for the National Conference can be found here.
U.S. News & World Report deems MED the 29th best medical school in the nation for research, up one step from last year and the school’s highest grade ever in that category. MED ranked 40th for primary care education, up from 2015’s 52nd. US News says 116 medical schools submitted data for the rankings. Congratulations to the outstanding students, faculty, and staff who continue to contribute the Boston University School of Medicine’s success.
ART DAYS 2016
Monday, April 4th and Tuesday, April 5th
Hiebert Lounge, 14th floor
All students, faculty and staff from all BUMC schools are encouraged to submit artwork of any medium to the 26thAnnual Boston University School of Medicine gallery for the arts. Dean Chobanian initiated “Art Days” to foster and support the growth of the creative arts at BUMC. The event has been very successful in showcasing work from students, faculty, staff and family members. The exhibition is mounted by the Creative Arts Society.
To be placed on the “submit list” or if you have any questions please contact:
Dr. Keith Tornheim: (p) 638-8296 (e) firstname.lastname@example.org
On April 1, we will accept paintings, photos, poetry, sculpture, needlework, etc. Pieces should be framed if possible. Security will be provided. Works will be returned April 6. Specific instructions will be sent at a later date to those who respond to this announcement.
Congratulations to eight members of the Medical Campus community who were awarded full professorships. Please learn more about the outstanding accomplishments of Dr. Rutao Cui, Dr. Paul Duprex, Dr. Noyan Gokce, Dr. Haiyan Gong, Dr. Marc Lenburg, Pushkar Mehra, D.M.D., Dr. Pieter Noordzij and Lauren Wise, Sc.D. here.
A note from the Registrar:
Greetings GMS Students,
Summer 2016 registration open
Our website contains all the pertinent information, links and forms to successfully complete the registration process: click here to access it.
- BT courses or undergraduate courses are not graduate level courses and will not count towards a graduate degree, nor will the student be eligible to request federal aid to cover undergrad courses.
- Students must register online via the student link after meeting with their advisor. Not all students are required to register for the summer terms.
- PhD Students who are engaged during the summer in full-time research and continuing in the fall 2016 semester should submit the PhD Summer Research Status Form only.
- Only students in the Biomedical Forensics Science will be required to obtain an Academic Advising Access Code prior to registering.
- Students completing their degree in one year must register for Summer 1 and Summer 2 and submit a diploma application for the September 2016 graduation.
- Continuing students completing degree requirements during summer 2016, must register for Summer 2 and submit a diploma application for the September 2016 graduation.
- Diploma applications for the September 2016 graduation are due June 1, 2016. Please check the calendar links regularly for all upcoming deadlines.
- Research credits should be in increments of 2.
- Not all students are required to register for Summer 1, check with your advisor or contact the GMS Registrar Ms. Millie Agosto (email@example.com) – L 309 with registration questions
Join Mr. Steve Handler of Beacon Realty Properties, LLC for an informative session on apartment rentals in Boston.
Sessions will be held at noon and 4p.m. in L-110 on Wednesday, February 17th.
Please RSVP to which session you will be attending at OHR@bu.edu.
Pizza will be served!