Why Choose GMS?
There are countless reasons to choose the Division of Graduate Medical Sciences at Boston University for your master’s degree or doctoral degree in the medical sciences. Here are our top 10:
- Part of a top-ranked medical school. Unlike similar graduate programs, BU’s Division of Graduate Medical Sciences is part of the Boston University School of Medicine. As a result, graduates of our programs are awarded their MA, MS or PhD degree by one of the top research schools in the United States.
- Unique degree programs. GMS offers many one-of-a kind degree programs and concentrations, in addition to a wide variety of programs allow students to tailor their studies toward their unique career interests.
- Networking. Our students build professional networks with our outstanding faculty, who have significant research and publication experience and help our students as they begin their careers.
- Location in a rich academic hub. GMS is located in Boston’s South End, a beautiful central neighborhood in one of the world’s most prominent academic cities and offers diverse cultural, intellectual and recreational experiences for graduate students.
- Research: Boston University School of Medicine is nationally recognized for its research programs in neuroscience, cancer, and infectious disease, ranked 30th by the US News and World Report.
- Community: Our medical campus enables shared learning and research with like-minded students from across a range of disciplines.
- Commitment to mentorship. Personalized mentorship with our faculty is a cornerstone of all of our programs, which ensures that students are supported every step of the way through their programs and after graduation.
- Preparation for workplace leadership: Our students not only build scientific knowledge, but they also gain a wide variety of soft skills, such as communication and collegiality, that allow them to become leaders in their fields. They also build proficiency and professionalism through our professional development services, which include seminars, elective courses, conferences and special events such as “student achievement day.”
- Career Success. Our graduates are motivated, lifelong learners who are prepared for challenging positions in competitive and fast-paced global environments.
- Community Service: Our students engage in personal and professional enrichment activities through campus- focused social action initiatives and community organizations.