Co-sponsored by GSDM-Alpha Omega, SM-GMSSO, SM-SCOMSA, SPH-Student Senate, SPH-Activist Lab-SLAC
- Thursday, November 21, 2019 from 11am-4pm
- Location: Heibert Lounge, Medical School Building
You can help save lives two (2) ways on Thursday, Nov 21, 2019!
1) Volunteer to help staff BUMC Blood Drive. Volunteers are needed for the Registration Table and Snack Table throughout the day. Scroll down to see available spots.
2) Donate blood – use this link to register as a blood donor on Nov 21.
Every two seconds, someone in the United States needs a blood transfusion but only 5% of the population donates blood. Sign up today to make sure there is blood on the shelves for patients in need. Click here or visit www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code BUMC.
Eligible donors with types O, B negative or A negative blood are especially needed (and encouraged to make a Power Red donation). Power Red donors give a concentrated dose of red blood cells during a single donation, allowing them to maximize their impact. To find out more click here.
- Have you traveled outside the US or Europe in the past 12 months? You may not be eligible to donate. To check this and other eligibility questions call the Red Cross Donor and Client Support Center at 1-866-236-3276.
- Save time by using RapidPass to complete your pre-donation reading and health history online before you come to your appointment. Learn more here.
- Prepare for your donation: Click Here
- Donor eligibility guidelines: Click Here
- Foods to boost your iron level: Click Here
Feel free to share attached posters with anyone that may be interested in donating blood.
- GSDM / Alpha Omega: Elwira Tyra, email@example.com, AO Outreach Chair
- SM / GMSSO: Taylor Durant, firstname.lastname@example.org, GMSSO President, 2019-2020
- SM / SCOMSA: Mymy Nguyen, email@example.com, SCOMSA Social Chair
- SPH / Student Senate: Andrew Chiao, firstname.lastname@example.org, Community Engagement Coordinator
- SPH / Activisit Lab-Student Life on Albany Committee (SLAC): Harsimar Kaur Brar, email@example.com, Chair