Disconnecting a Mapped Network Drive
- Open Computer. Your mapped network drives should be located under “Network Location” (image)
- Right click on the drive you wish to disconnect and select “Disconnect” (image)
- Your drive is now disconnected.
Note: Before disconnecting a mapped network drive be sure to record the drive letter and path. This will help insure you will be able to reconnect to it at a later point.
- Open My Computer. From the tools menu Select Disconnect Network Drive (image)
- Select the mapped drive you wish to disconnect and click OK (image)
Mac OS X
- Select Finder, which is located at the bottom of your Mac screen.
- Under the Shared section located to the left of the dialog box, select the network drive you wish to disconnect. Then, select the Eject symbol to the right.