VPN instructions for Windows
Connecting to the VPN using Windows 7, Vista, and XP
- Download the .exe installer.
- Once the file is completely downloaded, click open the .exe file, to launch the installer called anyconnect-win-3.0.10055-web-deploy-k9.exe. The installer will require that you have administrative access to the machine.
- After the installation is complete, you should restart your computer — especially if you are upgrading from an older version of the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- Ensure that you have an active network connection. You must have an active network connection in order for the VPN client to connect.
- Launch the AnyConnect Client, which is located in Start –>All Programs–>Cisco–>Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- In the VPN field enter: work2.bumc.bu.edu
- Next, click Connect. The client will connect, and you will be prompted for your BU login name and Kerberos password.
- You may close the window, but not quit the application for the duration of your session. When you have finished using the connection, click on the AnyConnect icon in the bottom left menu bar then click Disconnect.