VPN instructions for Mac OS X
Connecting to the VPN using Mac OS X (Intel only)
- Download the .dmg installer.
- Once the file is completely downloaded, double click to open the .dmg file. It will automatically mount on your desktop as a disk named AnyConnect. Open this disk and launch the installer called AnyConnect.mpkg. The installer will require that you have administrative access to the machine.
- After the installation is complete, you should restart your computer — especially if you are upgrading from an older version of the AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client.
- Ensure that you have an active network connection. You must have an active network connection in order for the VPN client to connect.
- Launch the Cisco AnyConnect Client, which is located in /Applications/Cisco.
- In the connect to field enter: vpn.bumc.bu.edu.
- Next, click Select. The client will connect, and you will be prompted for your BU login name and Kerberos password.
- You may close the window, but not quit the application for the duration of your session. When you have finished using the connection, click Disconnect in the top right menu bar.