||BUMC IT offers site licensed software, information, and support for securing your computer and protecting it from viruses and spyware.
||Students, Faculty, Researchers, Staff, Departments
||You can keep your computer running safely by installing anti-virus and anti-spyware software and making appropriate security and update settings, as documented on our support pages. Should your computer become infected with viruses or spyware, BUMC IT offers software and services to help you remove them.
- Site-licensed anti-virus software and suggestions for anti-spyware software
- Support pages that explain how to keep your computer safe
- Notebook registration through the BU Police Department
||To receive support from BUMC IT your computer must be enrolled in the Computer Support Subscription Service or you must provide us with an account number to charge
- Computers enrolled in the Computer Support Subscription Service: No charge. Check if your computer is covered.
- Non-supported computers: 15 minutes of diagnostic troubleshooting is free of charge. For additional troubleshooting, you must provide BUMC IT with an account number and you will be charged a rate of $100 per hour for repairs.
||Select a page below for more information:
If you believe your computer is infected with malware, contact the BUMC IT Service Desk at (617) 638-5914 or email@example.com. You can also submit an IT Request.