Our Key Initiatives this year:
- Promote Wellness in GMS and surrounding community.
- Increase community involvement and unification at BUMC.
- Provide group volunteer outreach opportunities in our neighborhood.
- Provide professional development opportunities that prepare GMS students for their future endeavors.
Upcoming events and opportunities:
Boston Healthcare for the Homeless Collaboration: Based on feedback from you and the Healthcare for the Homeless Program – we are increasing available shifts! Volunteer sign ups are now open for EVERY night Monday-Friday, 4:00-7:00pm. Spots are limited, email us for the link to sign-up!
- We are honored to welcome a very special guest to our next GMSSO meeting on 12/1 in room L311 at 4 pm. Mindfulness and meditation are tools that anyone can employ to achieve wellness, and we are delighted to welcome Sara to share her insights and tips on meditation, dispel any myths about it, and help lead a brief meditation that will help recharge you in the last stretch before the holidays. She’s experienced, delightful, and teaches locally so you can continue to connect with her as well.
We are launching a Women’s Professional Development Committee to support the professional growth of women on the Medical Campus. We are collaborating with GWISE, Graduate Women in Science and Engineering, to provide a space to host support, networking, mentorship, and professional development opportunities for women in science.
- Our first initiative is to establish SheInspires brown bag lunches, where you will be able to hear from women mentors in science, advocacy, healthcare, public health to be inspired for your own careers and also to network with each other.
- Email us for more information on how to get involved and/or be part of the leadership subcommittee to help initiate this exciting new venture!
Our 2017-2018 Executive Board:
President: Hanna Cacace
Vice President: Katherine Vallès
Treasurer & Secretary: Laura Petishnok
Public Relations: Sanae Ferreira
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on FB: http://www.facebook.com/BostonUniversityGMSSO
Follow us on instagram: @bu_gmsso
Please do not hesitate to contact us with ideas or suggestions about possible outreach initiatives, fundraisers, or community building programs in addition to any questions or concerns regarding student life at BU!