Applications and instructions for submission of complete credentials may be obtained from the Division of Graduate Medical Sciences, Boston University School of Medicine, 72 East Concord Street – L-315, Boston, MA 02118. Applications may be submitted electronically for a nonrefundable application fee of $75. Please refer to our on -line application. All credentials must be in English. These materials become the property of the University, neither originals nor copies will be returned. The following credentials are required in order to complete an application:
1. The completed, online admissions application.
3. At least three letters of recommendation from faculty members in the biomedical sciences. Recommendation form.
4. Certified copies and certified English translations of all academic achievements in each college or university attended.
5. The results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) are required for each student whose native language is not English. The computer-based TOEFL is administered throughout the year. The TOEFL Bulletin of Information and registration form can be obtained at American embassies and consulates, offices of the United States Information Services (USIS), U.S. education commissions and foundations abroad, bi-national centers, and certain private organizations. Applicants who cannot obtain a TOEFL Bulletin and registration form locally should write for them well in advance to TOEFL/TSE Services, P.O. Box 6151, Princeton, NJ 08541- 6152, USA; 609/951-1100. Our TOEFL Institution number is 3251.
6. The results of the Graduate Record Examinations (General). To take this test, write for information and registration materials to the Graduate Record Examinations, Educational Testing Service, P.O. Box 6000, Princeton, NJ 08541-6000, USA; 609/771-7670. Our GRE institution number is 3251.
International students must provide evidence of financial resources adequate to cover travel to and from Boston and for tuition and living costs for at least one full year at Boston University. Immigration regulations prohibit international students from accepting any employment except University appointments during the first year of study in the United States.
Information and assistance regarding governmental regulations and University services may be obtained by writing to the International Students and Scholars Office http://www.bu.edu/isso/, 888 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215; 617/353-3565. For further advice and assistance in seeking admission, international students should consult the nearest U.S. embassy, consulate, or information center.