NOTICE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the in-person commencement has been canceled you do not need to do anything else regarding regalia and GMS will update you when more information comes available.
Faculty and Hooders: Please arrive by 9:00 AM, use the main Track & Tennis Center entrance and report to the faculty robing area (Large cage on the right side of the building). Please check in with GMS staff when you arrive. Please do NOT arrive at the Track & Tennis Center dressed in regalia. Security will be screening personal items, please limit personal items and valuables that can not be on you during the entire ceremony. There will be no security to watch your belongings. Regalia may be returned to the bins in the faculty robing area after the ceremony.
BU Faculty Regalia
All faculty attending Commencement must wear regalia. Please RSVP and order regalia by completing this form. The deadline to order regalia through BUSM/GMS is February 21, 2020.
Non-BU Faculty Regalia
Non-BU faculty in need of regalia may rent from Herff Jones directly: https://facultydirect.herffjones.com/
- Go to: herffjones.com
- Select Boston University from the drop-down menu. Click continue.
- The next screen will indicate that the site is taking orders for BU’s ceremony on Sunday, May 17. That is fine but NOTE that the School of Medicine’s MD & PhD or Master’s ceremony is on May 14. Please don’t be confused by the date. Click continue.
- Click “Order Your Cap and Gown.”
- The next screen will confirm that you are ordering a cap, gown, and tassel for your hooder. The rental fee is $95.
- Complete the next series of screens with specific hooder information.
- As a non-BU hooder you should enter the student’s name and information in the “Customer Info” section and the hooder as the “Participant.”
- You will be able to review and confirm your order before finalizing it.