The application to the Summer Training as Research Scholars (STaRS) program is now open and will close on February 12, 2016.
To apply to STaRS, you’ll be asked to submit an online application including the following:
- a personal statement of no more than 500 words
- a copy of your unofficial transcript
- two academic references who may be asked to submit letters of recommendation
As you enter information into the STaRS application it will be saved and you can return to it later as long as you are accessing it from the same computer. It is still recommended though that you have all your application materials ready at time of submission.
For more information, please visit our website.
BU Graduate and Professional School Open House
Friday, October 23, 2015
1:30pm – 4:30pm
Graduate Student Panel
3:00pm – 4:00pm
George Sherman Union
Metcalf Hall (2nd floor)
Please join the Division of Graduate Medical Sciences and the Boston University Graduate Community for an open house on Charles River Campus. Please see the event website for more details and to register to win a prize!
Fall has arrived and it is about time for the BU Fall Barbecue where there will be FREE FOOD!!
SCOMSA FALL BARBECUE
WHEN: TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 29 11:00 – 1:00
WHERE: TALBOT GREEN
Let’s kick off the season with some delicious hamburgers, veggie burgers, hot dogs, and salad brought to you by your representatives in the BU Schools of Medicine, Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Public Health, Division of Graduate Medical Sciences, and Physician Assistant program.
If there is inclement weather 29th, the barbecue will be moved to September 30th.
Friday 10/9 11:00am-3:00pm, 14th fl. Hiebert Lounge
Friday 10/16 8:30am – 12:30pm, 14th fl. Hiebert Lounge
Wednesday 10/21 6:30pm – 8:30pm, 14th fl. Hiebert Lounge
Please bring your BU ID with you.
WHAT IF I HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION OR DOCUMENTED ALLERGY THAT PREVENTS ME FROM RECEIVING THE VACCINE?
- Acceptable medical exemptions include a documented adverse reaction to the flu vaccine, a documented allergy to a vaccine component, or a history of Guillain-Barre syndrome within six (6) weeks after previous dose of flu vaccine
- You must provide documentation from a medical provider that explains why you cannot receive the vaccine and submit directly to Student Health Services.
- If you obtain a medical exemption, you may be required to wear a surgical mask on all Boston Medical Center (BMC) property (including cafeterias) during flu season.
- If you have BU Aetna Student Health Insurance, the shot is free of charge.
- If you have another type of insurance, a $38 charge will appear on your student account. Student Health Services will provide you with a receipt which you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
SUBMITTING PROOF OF VACCINATION:
- Proof of flu vaccination obtained outside of SHS must be submitted to SHS.
- Make a copy of the proof for your own records.
- Original can be mailed, faxed, or hand delivered to Student Health Services or presented to SHS staff at one of the flu shot clinics. Please DO NOT email, as this is protected health information.
o BU Student Health Services, Fax: 617-353-3557
Thank you for your interest in the Division of Graduate Medical Sciences. We offer a number of Master’s and PhD programs to fit your academic and careers goals. Please see our Admissions website for more information about what programs we offer, how to apply, deadlines and what credentials are needed. We look forward to your application!
2015 All-GMS Incoming Student Orientation
Monday, August 31, 2015
8:30am-12:00pm followed by individual program sessions
650/670 Albany Street
For more information and updates regarding GMS orientation and an incoming student checklist, please visit our website.
South End Fitness Center Reopens
The South End Fitness Center (SEFC) has reopened! SEFC members have access to daily-use rental lockers, as well as validated parking at the garage, with the first two hours free. Members whose contracts were affected by the Oct. 8 closure and who have not already requested refunds will have their memberships extended for the amount of days that were missed. See an SEFC staff member for additional information. Click here for more information about SEFC or call at (617) 534-5822.