NRSA Grant Workshop: Understanding the NIH Process
Date: Thursday, June 11, 2020 (2:00pm-4:00pm)
Location: Virtual, please register to receive link.
Description: This workshop will be dedicated to providing clarity to the pre-award and administrative process involved in submitting an application to NIH. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Identifying the correct funding opportunity.
2. Choosing the appropriate funding institute.
3. Interpreting guidelines.
4. Identifying applicable documents to prepare.
5. Electronic application creation.
6. The internal BU submission process and expectations.
Our goal of the session is to not only prepare and familiarize applicants with the multi-step submission process, but also provide assurance that submitting an F grant is not as overwhelming as it appears, and that BU has many resources to assist in the process.
After the presentation, there will be a break out session where members of the Proposal Development Office will prepare submission checklists appropriate to each student’s project and develop a budget.