Masters Students Celebrate their Accomplishments!
Refining your Resume for Industry 2/23
The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs “Speaker Series” aims to provide BUSM postdocs with information and resources to succeed here on campus and beyond. The series encourages the exchange of ideas and the intellectual enrichment of the postdoctoral community. This month’s event is: Refining your Resume for Industry. The guest speaker, Lauren Celano, CEO of Propel Careers
Title: Refining your Resume for Industry
Date: Thursday, February 23, 2012
Time: 3:00 – 5:00 P.M.
Location: Room L-201/L203, 72 East Concord St., BU School of Medicine Bldg
Registration Required: Email email@example.com
Lauren Celano will talk about the differences between industry resumes and academic CV’s and best practices for writing a cover letter. She will focus on format, areas to highlight, what companies look for, the importance of tailoring your documents, and other tips so that your details stand out from the crowd when applying for jobs.
In this program you will:
- Focus on industry formatting for resumes
- Learn best practices for cover letter preparation
- Learn about what companies look for in a resume and cover letter and what they value
- Learn how to highlight your experience
- Learn why it is important to tailor your documents
- Tips on how to differentiate yourself with your resume and cover letter