BUSM MD Suggestion Box
Suggestions from BUSM medical students typically result in improvements in our learning environment, but sometimes students don’t know what happens to their ideas. Together with SCOMSA, we have created an online resource for your suggestions, comments, or questions related to BUSM services.
BUSM MD students may report areas of concern or make suggestions using the form below. Submissions are reviewed by a subcommittee of SCOMSA representatives and forwarded to the appropriate department. The subcommittee will monitor progress and report outcomes. If you have questions about this form or if don’t receive a response about progress and/or resolution of your inquiry within two weeks, please email SCOMSA at BUSMhelp@bu.edu
We want to maintain student confidentiality for issues relating to Appropriate Treatment in Medicine (ATM). Please access the ATM page to ensure that your query will be sent Dr. Bob Vinci, committee chair.
Additional resources and contact numbers are located at the bottom of this page.
For academic emergencies Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., please call the deans in the Student Affairs Office at (617) 358-7466. For an academic emergency on weekends or after business hours, please page the dean on duty by calling (617) 638-5795 and sending a page to #4196 or sending a text page to pager #4196 through the pager directory (website http://internal.bmc.org/).
BUMC Public Safety can be reached 24/7 at (617) 414-4444.
For building emergencies, please call the BUMC Control Center at (617) 638-4144.
- BUSM Student Affairs Emergency Resources
- Alumni Medical Library IT (Biolucida, eTexbooks, laptop repair services), Selim Hascelik, Phone (617) 358-2346, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- BMC IT (Epic, PACS, BMC WiFi), Phone (617) 414-4500
- BUMC IT (BU student accounts, campus WiFi), Phone (617) 358-4540, Email email@example.com
- Ed Media (classroom technology, echo360 or presentation system, Zoom, Skype), Phone ( 617) 358-1111, Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Financial Services
- BUMC Control Center (building and grounds concerns including heating/air conditioning, lighting, broken or missing chairs, slippery sidewalks, etc.) Phone (617) 638-4144
- More student resources