Milestone Events and Programs
The Student Affairs Office (SAO) organizes many of the milestone events unique to medical students. Among them are the White Coat Ceremony, Match Day, Commencement, and Awards Ceremonies.
Class of 2027 White Coat Ceremony
- The White Coat Ceremony for the Class of 2027 will be held on August 1, 2023. Anyone planning to attend must be a registered guest of a student in the Class of 2027.
The livestream will be available to view below at 11am on Tuesday, August 1.
- The MD & PhD Commencement Ceremony took place on Thursday, May 18, 3 pm, at the BU Track and Tennis Center.
2023 Medical Student Awards Ceremony
- This year’s Ceremony was held on May 15, 2023 from 12-2 p.m. More information to come.
- View the photos from this year’s Ceremony on the 2023 Send-Off and Awards Ceremony page.
Match Day 2023
- A Match Day Ceremony for MD students participating in the 2023 Match was held at the George Sherman Union on Friday, March 17.
- The Student Affairs Office hosted a White Coat Ceremony for all MD candidates who began medical school in August 2020, when activities were fully virtual. This ceremony was held on May 2, 2022.
- The 2022 Senior Send-Off and Awards Ceremony luncheon included the Fourth-Year Awards Ceremony, as well as opportunity to recognize, mingle and thank the Field Specific Advisors that helped students select and match into a specialty. See the awardees and photos from the event on the 2022 Senior Send-Off page.
- The Class of 2022 Commencement took place on Thursday, May 19, 3 pm, at the Track and Tennis Center.
- The Class of 2026 White Coat Ceremony for all MD candidates who began medical school in August 2022 was held, on Monday, August 1 on the Talbot Green.
- Match Day 2021 was celebrated virtually on Friday, March 19, 2021. You can view the toast online here.
- Please access the university’s Commencement 2021 website to view the Class of 2021’s virtual Convocation ceremony and graduation slides.
- The Fourth-Year Medical Student Awards recipients and congratulatory messages can be found here. The program can be found here.
- The 2021 White Coat Ceremony was held on August 2.